We encourage our clients to spend a reasonable amount on “effective marketing” to gain the best result, however we don’t encourage excessive amounts spent on inappropriate media or advertising simply to promote the image of the agency at the client’s expense.
Likewise, the advertisements prepared are prepared with the intent of selling the clients property rather than enhancing the image or visibility of the agency at the client’s expense.
Marketing subsidy by Invest Realty Limited (Up to 15% of commission):*conditions apply
Realising we also benefit from successful marketing campaigns, in that we get commission on the sale, we offer 50% marketing subsidy to a maximum cost to us of 15% of the commission payable (see subsidy table below), but only on a successful sale. That subsidy is not offered in the event the property doesn’t sell, is sold privately or by another agent for which Invest Realty Limited doesn’t get paid a commission, or is withdrawn from sale, and is subject to these terms and conditions: –
- All advertising must be approved by Invest Realty Ltd prior to publication / distribution (per clause 18.6 General Terms and Conditions Property Agency Agreement)
- The full cost of the agreed marketing budget must be paid by the client upfront and prior to commencement of the marketing program, any subsidy will be deducted from the commission payable.
- Credit card fees (if any) for marketing charges are not part of the marketing costs for which Invest Realty Limited will offer subsidy and must be paid by the client.
- Only advertising / promotional charges expressly detailed in agreed advertising budgets are eligible for marketing subsidies. Other advertising / marketing expenses incurred by the client in promotion of the property will only be eligible under the marketing subsidy scheme if expressly agreed to, and authorised, in writing, by Invest Realty Limited, prior to incurring the expense.
- Clients may if they wish engage, and instruct, their own marketing agencies provided any promotion done, is done in accordance with the provisions of clause 18.6 of the Property Agency Agreement, and any costs incurred will only be eligible under the marketing subsidy scheme if expressly agreed to, and authorised, in writing, by Invest Realty Limited, prior to incurring the expense. All invoices for supply of marketing services to be claimed under the marketing subsidy scheme must be provided to Invest Realty Limited.
- The marketing subsidy is only offered on a 50/50 basis with the client on agreed costs incurred in advertising / marketing the property for sale and has no other redeemable value if not expended.
|Sale Price||Commission||maximum subsidy available|
The above are used as examples only, and are subject to the client contribution of the same amount, and the terms and conditions of the offer.
Marketing provided by Invest Realty Limited at no charge to the client:
Invest Realty Limited will provide the following internet-based listings at no charge to the client:
- Listed on Invest Realty Limited web site
- TradeMe (basic listing)
- realestate.co.nz (basic listing)
- True Commercial (basic listing – Commercial properties only)
(Note: Upgrade packages on the above internet-based listings, when available, and if selected by the client, will be charged as part of the marketing budget, however such extra charges are eligible for the marketing subsidy offered).
Marketing – Client Costs (eligible for subsidy)
The following marketing costs are payable by the client, if required, and must be paid in advance. These costs are eligible for the 50% marketing subsidy as per the terms of the scheme (credit card surcharges are not eligible for the subsidy)
- LIM report (All clients are strongly urged to obtain a LIM report)
- Signage (street or on building)
- Photography and floorplans
- Flyers and brochures
- Mail drops (including PO Box drops)
- For auction sales, the cost of the auctioneer
- Upgrades on internet sites (Basic listing is free, however upgrade packages are charged extra)
- All print media (eg NZ Herald, Property Press, Local papers, magazines etc etc) – if required
- Any other marketing expense incurred in promoting the property, and agreed to (in writing) by the client and Invest Realty Limited.
Costs payable by the client (NOT eligible for subsidy)
The following costs, if incurred, are solely the responsibility of the client, and payment would normally be made direct to the service provider. These costs are NOT eligible for the marketing subsidy.
- IEP reports (seismic – earthquake strength)
- Building reports/inspections
- Contamination reports/inspections (eg Meth / Asbestos etc.)
- Any other professional services
Invest Realty strongly recommends that clients have available an IEP (seismic report) for all Commercial Property sale listings.